It's true folks! There's no need to reinvent the wheel! This is especially true in the fields of AAC and AT. With individualization at the core of best practice, we need to simplify wherever we can.
When approaching intervention for your students using AAC and AT, do you find yourself looking for:
- New ways to plan/adapt curriculum?
- Print or web resources to augment curriculum or socialization?
- Tools for planning and documenting?
We are always looking for these things, too! And we would love to share what we and others have found with you! We realize that looking for and creating resources and materials for our students can be exciting and educational for ourselves as professionals. It can also be time consuming. What if you could call someone with your to-do list, and they would do the legwork for you? You can! Give the Transition Team a call. We donít have all the answers or resources, but we will search out what we donít have in order to help you. Itís like having your own personal shopper! Things people have asked us for in the past include:
- Web sites
- teaching materials
- organizations and opportunities in the community
- organizers for information
- software setups and templates
- lesson plan ideas
- curricular adaptations
- hardware and software ideas/info
- strategies for literacy development